Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 4

When you Wake Up: 8-12 oz of Hot Lemon Water

Hot Water w/ Lemon or Ginger
Ingredients:
8-12 oz water
1 Lemon Wedge
¼ in ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)

Breakfast: Apple Carrot Lemon Juice


Apple Carrot Lemon Juice
This recipe makes 2 servings
430 Calories, 112 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 4 g Protein, 206 g Sodium, 72 g Sugar
Ingredients:
4 Apples
4 Carrots
2 Lemons (peeled)
Ginger (optional)

Morning Snack: 16 oz Coconut Water

Lunch: Garden Variety Juice


Garden Variety Juice
This recipe makes 2 servings
522 Calories, 122 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 18 g Protein, 212 g Sodium, 80 g Sugar
Ingredients:
2 Green Apples
2 oranges, peeled
6 big handfuls of leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach, romaine, etc.)

Afternoon Snack: Apple Carrot Lemon Juice

Dinner: Garden Variety Juice

Dessert: Peach Pie Delight


Peach Pie Delight
This recipe makes 1 serving
477 Calories, 120 g Carbs, 0 g Fat, 6 g Protein, 70 g Sodium, 67 g Sugar
Ingredients:
1 Sweet Potato
2 ripe Peaches
1 Red Apple
1 cup Blueberries
Dash cinnamon

Before Bed: Herbal Tea

Total Nutritional Values for the day based on MyFitnessPal Values:

1,469 Calories, 365 g Carbs, 5 g Fat, 28 g Protein, 527 g Sodium, 226 g Sugar

8 comments:

  1. Becky,

    I can't thank you enough for your blog!!! I found it when I was reading through some posts in the community. I felt overwhelmed and did not know where to start and THERE YOU WERE! LOVE how you list everything step by step.

    I started today :) I have about 100 lbs to lose, so a long journey, but I am ready!

    THANK YOU for this blog! PLEASE PLEASE keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your post! I was the same way. I spent so many hours searching the internet trying to find a "plan". I have 130 lbs to lose and don't do well by just winging it.. LOL

    Maybe we can motivate each other! Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Texas, but would love to be a part of your journey as well :) My wonderful SIL is doing the first 7 days with me but she is a "skinny minnie" and does not have the long journey that I do. I could not figure out how to email you here or on the community blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my private email if you want to email me. beckyginaz@gmail.com I live in Tucson, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are still doing this. I'm finishing day 4 today and have a lot of energy (finally) and am down 6 lbs. I refer to this blog daily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Sounds like you are going great! A week or so ago, my garbage disposal backed up (On a Friday night of course)and couldn't get it fixed until Monday. So... I couldn't use the sink all weekend which put a hiccup in my juicing. Since then I have been juicing 2 meals a day and eating one good meal (like a salad) every day. I did post all of the recipes that I had. What I've been doing is just going back thru the 10 days I posted and making drinks from there. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. I will still work on going back and updating information on some of my posts.

    I have so much going on in my life right now that it might take me a week or two to get back to juicing full time at which point I will start updating my blog daily again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Becky! I finished my 10 days, lost 9 pounds, and then quit juicing. What was I thinking? I have gained back 6 pounds and have consumed a lot of sugar and junk since that time. Tomorrow I'm doing a 5-day juice fast to get things reset. Thanks for your blog - I love referring to it! Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete