Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 8

When you Wake Up: 8-12 oz of Hot Lemon Water

Hot Water w/ Lemon or Ginger
Ingredients:
8-12 oz water
1 Lemon Wedge
¼ in ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)

Breakfast: Green Carrot Pear Juice

Green Carrot Pear Juice
This recipe makes 2 servings
570 Calories, 128 g Carbs, 4 g Fat, 20 g Protein, 556 g Sodium, 50 g Sugar
 Ingredients:
2 Large Cucumbers
8 Carrots
6 Kale leafs
1 Pear
2” Ginger root

Morning Snack: 16 oz Coconut Water

Lunch: Citrus Orange Bell Juice


Citrus Orange Bell Juice
This recipe makes 2 servings
390 Calories, 94 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 10 g Protein, 202 g Sodium, 62 g Sugar
Ingredients:
2 Bell Peppers, seeded
1 Orange, peeled
4 Carrots
1 large handful of fresh Pineapple
1 Lemon, peeled

Afternoon Snack: Green Carrot Pear Juice

Dinner: Citrus Orange Bell Juice

Dessert: Spicy Black Passion

Spicy Black Passion
Makes 1 Serving
250 Calories, 61 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 5 g Protein, 8 g Sodium, 44 g Sugar
2 cups Blackberries
2 cups Black or Purple Grapes
2” Ginger root

Before Bed: Herbal Tea

Total Nutritional Values for the day based on MyFitnessPal Values:
1,280 Calories, 296 g Carbs, 8 g Fat, 33 g Protein, 943 g Sodium, 171 g Sugar

7 comments:

  1. How are you feeling physically? I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and am going to begin my reboot (10 days) next week. I love that you put this on a blog! What are you finding the most challenging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. What am I finding the most challenging... keeping this blog updated! LOL I have to say, the first four days were challenging, but once you get past that you won't have the large cravings to eat out or cheat.

    If I had it to do all over again I would have:

    1. Made my grocery list out from 4-5 days of the juice recipes. I kind of just looked at the recipes and went grocery shopping. I found that I didn't get enough of some produce and too much of others. My next trip to the grocery store will be more planned out.

    2. Juice ALL 3 drinks up at one time and store in something like glass mason jars. If you work early in the morning do it the night before. That way you have everything all ready in case you have to run out of the house or just get busy and find that you are so hungry that you don't feel like making your juice and opt to eat something else (Been there... did that! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tips! I agree that updating a blog is time consuming. LOL Do you have more energy? Have you lost any weight? I crave sugar and really need to lose about 20 pounds. I think this will be the thing that starts me on the right path. I have really gotten off track in the last year or so. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I do have more energy. I've been waking up about an hour earlier that I have in the past. I have about 120 lbs to lose. I'm also working out at the gym 4 days a week. I've lost 5.4 lbs in the last week and 7 inches around my body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fabulous, Becky! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you just drink one serving of the juice for each meal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, pretty much. I make all 3 recipes in the morning and just drink them throughout the day as I start to feel hungry. So far I haven't needed to make any more juice other than the 3 recipes. If you are doing the juice fast the important thing is to just drink fresh juice, water, coconut water, and herbal tea. If you need to make more juice to stay full then do it.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete