Tuesday, June 11, 2013

End of day 5 report

Today has been a very good and productive day!  A big contribution to that is I juiced my whole days worth of juice in the morning.  Not only did it save a lot of time by not having to clean up my mess but once, it also allowed me to drink my juice a little bit before I was getting hungry. It was a nice feeling knowing that my juice was all made for the day.

I stored my daily juice in glass mason jars.  I realize that it is best to drink fresh juice immediately, however I really don't think that too much is lost in just 8-12 hours. It is definitely better than cheating on the juice fast because you didn't have any juice handy.

I had someone post to my blog that wanted details on how I juiced each drink and what I thought of each one.  I will start that in this post and go back to my earlier posts and update them.

Lets see... today I drank:

1. Orange Grapefruit Carrot Juice ~ I thought this juice was very yummy!  It was also an easy one to make. I put the oranges & grapefruit in the juicer first then put the celery, carrot, and ginger in after that.

2.  Un-Beet-able Juice ~  This one was good too. I know a lot of people say that they don't like beets, but I have found that after about 4 days or so they don't upset my stomach or affect my bowels as much. Plus they  have a lot of protein.   I started out by juicing the apples. I then put handfuls of spinach & kale in with my carrots and juiced them together along with a piece of ginger.

3. Purple Passion ~ This one is also very delicious!  I just put all the grapes and blueberries in a bowl and fed them along with some mint into the juicer. Most juicers don't do that well with berries, so don't be alarmed if your pulp is not at dry as it normally is.

I felt really good today!  No headaches or diarrhea. I went to the gym this morning and had plenty of energy all day long.  I hope tomorrow goes as well as I have a business luncheon at a restaurant. That is going to be my biggest challenge so far. Everyone will be eating delicious meals and I will be drinking. LOL

I'm off to prepare for tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment