Sunday, June 9, 2013

Juicer Reviews

This post is a work in progress....


Product Image
Omega J8006 Juicer:
$299 on Amazon
The pulp dryness ratings I get are as follows: 1 being wet, 10 being mostly fibrous and only slightly damp

Apples - 9 (must use firm crisp apples)
Blueberries - 5
Carrots - 9
Celery - 10
Citrus - 8 (it is better to leave a bit of the pith on)
Cucumber -8
Ginger Root, Garlic - 10
Greens - 10
Herbs - 10 (if you put in with your greens)
Kiwi - 6 (must use firm fruit)
Pears - 7
Pineapple - 8 (must use ripe firm fruit)
Strawberries - 5
Sweet Potato - 9

Ease of cleaning: 10

When juicing greens, I chop them up and feed the stems in last. I'll use the stems, celery, carrot, or firm apples to push any berries or soft fruits through.  I LOVE MY JUICER!!!   AmyInProgress



Larger Front

Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200LX Juice Extractor

This is the juicer that I am currently using. It does a great job on pretty much everything except greens and of course soft fruit. It is fairly easy to clean. By the design though some of the areas are a little tricky to clean with a wash cloth.   Price is about $100. I purchased mine for $40 on craig's list. If I had the money I would go with the Omega J8006.

No comments:

Post a Comment