Thursday, June 6, 2013

End of day post for Day 1

Even thought it is only 5 pm, I'm going to go ahead and start my end of day post. It actually hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I have been a little hungry, but then I just poor more juice. Here are a few things that I would do differently:

  • Make sure that you have all of the items that you need for the day (week) before you start. I had gone shopping a couple days ago and purchased a bunch of fruit and veggies for the juice recipes that I copied from Joe's website. http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/juice/. At first I was just going to make a bunch of juices throughout the day as I became hungry. That was before I saw his 15 day plan. Since my whole refrigerator is stuffed with fresh items,
     I figured that I had better just jump into day 6 so that all the produce I purchased didn't go bad.  So, this morning after I finished at the gym I stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up some Coconut Water as he has that as a morning snack everyday. Since it was warm from the store, I kind of went longer than I should have without drinking anything. I think that is what caused me to get a little hungry and wish that I had something to CHEW on. It also doesn't help when you are doing cardio at the gym and all of the televisions have food commercials on. LOL
  • At Trader Joe's I picked up several flavors of Coconut Water. The one I'm drinking right now is Chocolate flavored (and Very Yummy). It has 120 calories. The others are only 60 or so. I only purchased one chocolate. The others are tropical and natural flavored.  I haven't tasted those yet but will let you know what I think of them. What I like about this Zico brand bottle is that it is heavy white plastic. I'm going to re-use it to put the 2nd half of my breakfast or lunch juice in it. Once I get a few of them, I think they will come in handy to put in a cooler when I'm away from home. The outer wrapper will peel right off.    
  • The other benefit to planning ahead is that your fruit will be ripe when you are ready to use it. I'm suppose to have a peach juice for dessert tonight and the peaches I picked up at the store weren't ripe.  I have two of them in a paper bag, but they may not be ready yet so I may have to switch tomorrows dessert for today's.
  • The other thing that I'm working on is designing a shopping list and comparing the prices at the different stores in my area. Produce can be rather expensive... at least here in Tucson. I got the majority of my produce at Sprouts and they had good prices. What I picked up today, I got from Trader Joe's. They seemed to be a bit more pricey.  I do have access to the Air Force Base and plan on making a trip there for next week. Again, I think it all comes down to planning. That way if you know what produce you need you can watch the sales at your local grocery stores. Farmers Markets can also be a great place to get produce,  I'm checking into those too.
Ok, it is now about 9 pm and I'm tired! LOL  It has been a busy day. I really did enjoy all the juice I had today. All 3 were rather yummy!  I did get a little hungry, but I think that is due to not drinking ANY water. I was just so busy today that I felt like I was having to rush to make the juices.

I expect tomorrow to be a much better day as 1) I don't need anything from the grocery store, 2) my refrigerator is much better organized, and 3) I have my "meals" already typed out for the next few days so there isn't any guesswork as to what I need to do.

I really do appreciate all the posts on my blog and the emails I have received.  Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through Day 1! How did the juices taste?? How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm feeling great and the juices tasted really good. I guess it is a good thing I like fresh juice. LOL I just updated how my day went! I'm ready for day 2!!!

    ReplyDelete